We are seeking a full-time Senior Database Administrator whose primary responsibilities will be the design, configuration, upkeep, and reliable operation of new and existing database systems across our project portfolio. In addition to improving and maintaining our existing environment, this role will also work with Microsoft Azure cloud database solutions with a focus on Azure SQL and integration with other Azure PaaS offerings such as Web Apps and Data Factory. A passion for database system’s design and efficient implementation, a strong, self-guided interest in new and emerging technologies, and a love for defining and then executing standards and proper process are all a must-have.
This position will be based from your home in central or east coast regions of the United States with minimal travel, however, preference will be given to candidates located in the Charlotte NC and surrounding areas.
- Respond to and resolve elevated database incidents and requests.
- Implement database security and operational policies under the umbrella of IT operations and in coordination with other technical teams.
- Monitor, optimize, and/or redesign existing database systems and related processes to improve efficiency and promote automation where possible.
- Configures Microsoft SQL servers and Azure SQL instances for development/QA/production.
- Implement and manage database security, health, and backup strategies.
- Supports database solutions, including performance monitoring, problem analysis and resolution, restorations from backup, disaster recovery, and ad hoc data analysis.
- Coordinate work with personnel within the System Services group.
- Provides off-hours on-call incident response for elevated database related issues.
- Understands how platform choices affect SQL performance and configuration and provides subsequent guidance on systems design.
- Provides ongoing evaluation and recommendations on database technologies and architectures.
- Regular cross-department communication with Data Analysts and Database Developers.
- 5+ Years of experience working with MSSQL Server database system design and support, including performance tuning and optimization.
- 2+ Years of experience working with Microsoft Azure Database solutions.
- Experience with T-SQL, stored procedures, indexes, views, execution plans, MSSQL Jobs, and backups
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving, understanding all aspects of database hosting and application interaction from hardware and system design through operating system, database schema and application tier query/interaction.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
- A passion for the profession demonstrated by a progressive knowledge of new and emerging database technologies and platforms.
- (Preferred) Experience with at least one high-level programming language
- (Preferred) Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory as related to supporting MSSQL security and access.
- (Preferred) Security focused experience related to database design and implementation such as data encryption, role-based access, and auditing.
Bridgetree, headquartered in Fort Mill, SC, is a 21-year-old company with an established customer base. Our services include data management, analytics, web-based and logistics applications for consumer and business marketers across a variety of industries. We provide quantitative data management support as well as measurement, tracking, and reporting that influence and enhance the marketing strategies.
All our employees enjoy a 401-k plan, health and disability insurance benefits, education reimbursement, and a flexible work environment.
All applicants are subject to background checks and drug testing.
Job Posting: 09/17/19
Salary: $75,000 to $90,000 plus bonus.
To apply: Please email your resume to jobsUS@bridgetree.com